Recruitment Consultant - European Languages
Closing Date: 30 September 2019
First and foremost, we are a technology recruitment company that helps build tech teams all over the world. But we’re so much more than just a recruitment company. We’re on a mission to make candidate’s happier, clients more successful and our employees happy and engaged. We’re genuine specialists and have dedicated teams that place thousands of people into their dream jobs in SaaS, technical, IT services, digital and marketing.
We’ll offer a competitive starting salary from £19,000 plus a commission based OTE. Realistically, if you’re on target in your first year we’d expect you to take home a minimum of £26,000-£28,000 in your first year. However, we don’t cap this and more often than not, rookies that pick it up quickly can quickly earn in excess of £30,000-35,000 in their first year.
We are partners with a number of Business Insider’s Best Tech Companies and some of the hottest of Pre-IPO tech start-ups in the world. Headquartered in the UK, have doubled in size over the last 3 years, with ambitious plans to continue this growth. We believe our people and our culture are the pillars of our success and by joining our team in Manchester, you’ll be working in an amazing team in our HQ in leafy Didsbury. Our people are ambitious, tenacious and sociable; we are a family and when you come to work, you’re not just spending time with colleagues, you’re making friends. Don’t believe us, check us our reviews on Glassdoor.
Have you got experience in recruitment? Can you speak French, German, Italian or Dutch to a fluent level? Read on.
Our Talent Consultants manage both clients and candidates; prospecting and onboarding new clients, as well as identifying and headhunting passive and active candidates. To be successful in this position you have to really love working with people. You are ideally a mix of a ‘hunter and farmer’ – Someone who loves selling but also enjoys developing meaningful and long lasting relationships with both candidates and clients. You’ll need to care passionately about your candidate’s experience but also growing your client accounts and building new business.
Well, what are we looking for? The good news is, you don’t need a degree to be an excellent Talent Consultant. In fact, some of our top-earning consultants have no higher-level of education! You may have recently left school, graduated University or are just ready for a change in career. You’ll be comfortable speaking to people and presenting to decision makers doesn’t phase you. All of your training will be provided in-house, but here are a few things that we do see as critical for someone to be successful in this role:
- You’re incredibly ambitious, you are a ‘get things done’ kind of person.
- You’ll have a background in, or a good understanding of sales; Generating, developing and closing new business.
- To be successful in this role, you will need to be fluent in English as well as another European language.
- Strong people skills, where you can demonstrate the capability of developing relationships and growing revenue with new and existing clients.
- Ideally, you’ll have a minimum of 18-24 months of related professional work experience. This can be from any sector including recruitment, retail, customer service, hospitality etc.
- Entrepreneurial spirit – Have you made a bit of money on eBay reselling unwanted clothes? Buy and sell Pokémon cards at primary school? Believe it or not, this entrepreneurial spirit is a key trait of some the best recruiters.
- You’re a competitive and goal-orientated person.
- Sociable – At FJ we are a social bunch; whether that is Thursday night drinks or attending networking events on a Tuesday; You’ll enjoy spending time with different people.
Your benefits will include smart working options, pension contribution, duvet days, cycle to work scheme, holiday rising to 30 days paid and more.
We’re big on professional development and we’ve got an awesome coaching culture at Finlay James – Our in-house Training Development Manager, Mike is always on hand to support you through the training process and beyond. In addition, your team manager will be there to mentor you and help you, help us, deliver first-class recruitment solutions for our clients and awesome experiences to our candidates.
You’ll be based in our Didsbury office and there will also be travel to conferences, events, expos, client and candidate meetings and potentially abroad!
A casual phone call with either Catherine Chestnutt or our in-house Training & Development Manager, Michael Chater-Poole followed by a face to face with our CEO John Gaughan and your team manager.
ASAP would be ideal!
We want to hear from you, even if it’s to ask for a little more information on the job or speak to one of our team members about what it is really like to work at FJ. Email Catherine Chestnutt or click the big shiny button to the right to apply!
Take a look inside the culture, people, and workplace that makes FJ happen:
Contact Catherine Chestnutt on 0161 438 1930 or apply by email.